Welcome to the Bean Sprouts Room
- Children are aged from birth to two in the Bean Sprouts room. In this room there is space for the children who are learning to crawl and walk and have the room to explore.
- Each child will be given a key person as they settle into Little Sprouts Nursery. This is so that the children have someone to feel safe and secure with. These key persons will work closely with the Parent/Carers to get to know the child and about their needs.
- There are different areas around the Bean sprouts room, a Home corner – for the developing of small role play ideas, making and pouring a cup of tea, caring and looking after babies, a building block area – to make towers and watch them fall, a quiet area – with mats and cushion for the children to share a story with their grown up and where to take themselves if they feel tired.
- There is a mirror for the children to be able to explore their reflection and see their different expressions.
- We have a treasure basket available daily for the children to explore the textures, developing their sensory skills.
- There is always lots of singing songs to promote the children’s language skills.
- Outside play is important to us, as much with the younger children as when they get older, we ensure that we spend lots of time out in the garden.