Welcome to the Brussels Sprouts Room.
- In our pre-school room, Brussels Sprouts the children are aged from 3 years and upwards, children will join us from the Buttons Sprouts room when we feel from their key person who tracks their development feel they are ready. Transition will be done gradually and at the child’s pace. See our Transition Policy
- We have several areas within the room, a construction zone, messy area, writing area, cosy corner – for quiet time and reading books and home corner area.
- The older children are encouraged to solve problems themselves, whether this be in their play or within relationships, an adult is always there for support.
- We understand the importance of being an out door learner on a child’s development, we ensure that the children have lots of time outside investigating our enclosed garden,using the free flow access to the garden from our pre-schhol room. We are also lucky to have the great open space of the park, which is attached to the village hall – where we can play lots of running and ball games, building the confidence and physical skills climbing the low branches on the trees and swinging on the swings.
- Activities and experiences are offered around the children’s likes and interests, these will in be implemented into the children’s play to reach the children’s individual early learning goals following the EYFS curriculum.
- We have times for the children to work individually or as part of a team.
- Each child has a key person there to help with transitions into their new room or when they are ready for school. The key person is also there for the Parent/Carers to build relationships with to be able to discuss any concerns.
- We also plan some activities involving math, literacy and turn taking skills, helping towards the children’s next transition being ready for school. This will be with the children’s interests involved and at their individual level.