Welcome to the Buttons Sprouts Room
- In our Buttons room children are aged from 2 years and upwards, the children will join us from the Bean Sprouts room when we feel from their key person who tracks their development, feel they are ready. Transitions will be done gradually at the child’s pace. See our Transition Policy
- There are several areas within the room, a construction area – here the children can find different types of building blocks, also there are different types of track, a creative table – where we have painting, playdough, shaving foam or gloop and much more, a cosy area – with mats, cushions and books, where the children can go for some quiet time or to sit and read a book, independently or with a grown up, there is also a home-corner area – where the children can role play games together, cups of tea, picnics and looking after their babies, our last area is our sand/water table – we alternate water and sand in this table, following the child’s interests to what resources to add to this table daily.
- We understand the importance of being an out door learner on a child’s development, we ensure that the children have lots of time outside investigating our enclosed garden, we are also lucky to have the great open space of the park, which is attached to the village hall – where we can play lots of running and ball games.
- We enjoy our snacks sitting together with our friends, independently spreading butter and jam on our crackers, the children also choose a piece of fruit from our daily selcection.
- Activities and experiences are offered around the children’s likes and interests, these will in be implemented into the children’s play to reach the children’s individual early learning goals following the EYFS curriculum.